Wednesday, March 19, 2008

When Tomorrow Comes

Today has been better as we are coming to terms with finding out our treatment options tomorrow, with the Russian roulette of randomisation. Hopefully we will get clearance for launch now, otherwise we will be coming back later this year post chemotherapy, probably in August for the stem cell transplant then. We had a more productive meeting with Dr Burt and Kristen his coordinator today instead of the lively debates we have been having previously. Dr Burt is a pioneer who is the worlds best at this procedure he has the relevant knowledge, skills and experience to get Shazza back to her fighting best. Sharon had her skin score done by a rheumatologist to get her baseline value recorded, a slight drop in this in the coming months will be a marker for Sharon's return. We would like to thank all who have taken pity on the boys and Pat back in Phoenix and helped them out. Sue and Gille, Mark and Emily, Mary C, Cindy and Nigel, and Rochelle and Alex we appreciate your kind efforts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon and Craig,

I'm glad you had a good meeting with Dr. Burt today. I still have my fingers, toes, arms, legs, and eyes crossed for you! Stay warm.

My best,
Victoria

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you have something positive to report. I know yesterday was not the best day. Will keep thinking positive thoughts for you. Got Kieran to soccer OK, even took Aaron with. You never mentioned that he likes to play tag. He and Kate had Mark and I wore out. Good luck tommorow.
Em

Anonymous said...

Dear sharon and craig my prayers are with you today (thurs) glad to hear all well in phoenix too
god bless love markie xxx

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are avidly reading your blog and sending poitive thoughts your way. I know at the moment, life seems like a lottery but if anyone deserves to win the jackpot you do.As for the cold, it is due to snow here this weekend so we will all freeze together!!!
Take care and lots and lots of luck. Love from
The Brits

About Me

I work as an RN in Endoscopy at John C. Lincoln Hospital and in 2006 I was diagnosed with Systemic Scleroderma, a condition that has no known treatment and was always symptom management. After doing some research, I discovered Dr. Burt, a doctor in Chicago who is pioneering the use of stem cell transplant to treat Scleroderma. This process uses my own stem cells - taken from me, cleaned, and then re-introduced back into my body, so that it will no longer recognize the Scleroderma. This is a very basic summary of a complex procedure. Systemic Scleroderma has a very poor prognosis and with my symptoms worsening I feel that this is my only chance at getting treatment and reversing my symptoms. I have worked for 6 years at JCL, Deer Valley and hope to continue there with excellence. I wish to continue be a good mother to my 2 boys, a good wife to my wonderful husband, and maybe one day be a good grandmother.