Tuesday, March 18, 2008

All quiet on the Chicago Front!!


Hi everyone thankyou for all the birthday wishes, it is very kind of you all to be thinking of us here in the cold freezing weather which we are loving immensely! Well not a lot happening as we await for Thursday, "R" day to arrive, everything crossed for that day! We have been moaching around the city taking in the Museums and tasting the local Chicago style pizza both of which the boys would love, with as much enthusiasm as we can muster. I know your used to Craigs quips by now but even he's suffering writers block, so you'll have to put up with me!! Sorry!!
Thanks to everyone who's been helping out with Mom and the boys back home it is truly appreciated i know Mom appreciates all of your kindness!
Two things thus far that have come out of this, mom is getting used to using the computer even though she's scared of giving it a virus!! Just cover your nose when you sneeze is what we tell her!! and Craig has become interested in doing laundry!! who'd have thought it, look what happens when you have too much time on your hands!
We both are enjoying reading all your blogs, thankyou for your continued support.
Missing you all. Cheers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure boredom mixed with anxiety is difficult to deal with right now. I took Mom and boys to Wal-Mart and Toys R US yesterday. Keiron needed some remote control cars and Aaron couldn't live without a big plastic dinosaur! Who could!! Maybe I should have bought one for you guys! Hang in there. Tomorrow is the big day! Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon and Craig, Pauline as been giving us news, Nigel saw Spence at the footy last night and we just found this site, will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed for tomorrow Love Nigel and Julie xxxx

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for tomorrow i feel we have to wait even longer due to time difference. It will be like waiting for xmas are we going to get what we want????
rang mum alls fine on the western front. kids are finished school for two weeks so will get them blogging. speak soon
Debsxxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad Nigel hows he doing ?

Anonymous said...

hi u 2 all crossed in uk

Anonymous said...

hi shaz and craig we got every thing crossed and i mean everything for to morrow and we are glad that ur friends are looking out 4 mom and the kids plz thank them all from bri &wend /josh /kel/ and at last big chris xxxxxxxxxxxxx

About Me

I work as an RN in Endoscopy at John C. Lincoln Hospital and in 2006 I was diagnosed with Systemic Scleroderma, a condition that has no known treatment and was always symptom management. After doing some research, I discovered Dr. Burt, a doctor in Chicago who is pioneering the use of stem cell transplant to treat Scleroderma. This process uses my own stem cells - taken from me, cleaned, and then re-introduced back into my body, so that it will no longer recognize the Scleroderma. This is a very basic summary of a complex procedure. Systemic Scleroderma has a very poor prognosis and with my symptoms worsening I feel that this is my only chance at getting treatment and reversing my symptoms. I have worked for 6 years at JCL, Deer Valley and hope to continue there with excellence. I wish to continue be a good mother to my 2 boys, a good wife to my wonderful husband, and maybe one day be a good grandmother.