Thursday, March 13, 2008

Congratulations to Victoria


We had great news that Victoria has had her Insurance ruling over turned by an Independent Review by California State Health Care Reviewers. She will be flying out on the 24th March to start her stem cell treatment the same as Shazza. You can read Victorias story from the links on the Rt of the blog. Victoria has had to fight whilst being ill from scleroderma dealing with the stress of the disease as well as insurance frustrations. Each person chipping away makes way for others to follow our two courageous Lady's, so this treatment will be mainstream soon. Congratulations Victoria all the best from the porters.

I continue to enjoy my new role in entertaining the fellow waiting room people and staff some interesting characters you meet. Today Shazza had a Thallium redistribution scan it checks to make sure her blood supply to the old ticker is good. She passed the test and we will meet Dr Burt tomorrow to discuss the treatment a big day for us. We went to the hospital museum there were some old Gi scopes to which Shazza compared to the modern torture implements, she uses in various orifices at work.

We ended up walking and hobbling to the hospital as the Shuttle wasn`t too keen to fetch us today. I think yesterdays shenanigans may have had something to do with it or the 30 people petition of complaint!!!

Watching Sharon get in and out of Taxis is getting quite interesting due to her immobility and lack of leg room. Thinking of taking some butter and a can opener to help us. Found Target but the driver told us theres a supermarket round the corner from the hotel.
Thanks for supporting us on the blog and with the emails.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope every thing goes well tomorrow house and kids r fine xx

Anonymous said...

hope every thing goes well tomorrow house and kids r fine xx

Anonymous said...

well done pat getting on the world wide web!!!!

good luck tomorrow guys. Dont get aspirations for the stage with your entertaining craig !

love to you both
debs

dvendo said...

Hi,
We are all glad to hear you are doing well. We are busy like always.Miss you. I'll bet we are much warmer than you.
Love
Your fellow workers

Devin said...

Glad to hear things are going well. Sounds like Craig's found his calling as the good humor man. We are all so excited for Sharon, all our best.

Devin

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much craig for the nice comments. Did you say you found Target?? I'm in heaven! I'll see you soon.

Victoria

About Me

I work as an RN in Endoscopy at John C. Lincoln Hospital and in 2006 I was diagnosed with Systemic Scleroderma, a condition that has no known treatment and was always symptom management. After doing some research, I discovered Dr. Burt, a doctor in Chicago who is pioneering the use of stem cell transplant to treat Scleroderma. This process uses my own stem cells - taken from me, cleaned, and then re-introduced back into my body, so that it will no longer recognize the Scleroderma. This is a very basic summary of a complex procedure. Systemic Scleroderma has a very poor prognosis and with my symptoms worsening I feel that this is my only chance at getting treatment and reversing my symptoms. I have worked for 6 years at JCL, Deer Valley and hope to continue there with excellence. I wish to continue be a good mother to my 2 boys, a good wife to my wonderful husband, and maybe one day be a good grandmother.