Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spreading our Wings in the Windy City


Well we have started to get out and about in Chicago in the vicinity of the Hotel. Chicago is like Birmingham England but with bigger sky scrapers and a rather large pond. We went to the bar at the top of the John Hanckock building 96 floors up, we didn`t have a drink as vertigo made our legs pretty shaky and Shazza was worried about her 24hour urine collection!!!!. The howling wind from the elevator as it opened was pretty off putting and the glass from floor to ceiling made the drops very impressive. The views were magnificent with the Sears tower in the fore ground, it was like the film Blade Runner without Harrison Ford. People stay out later here, people were walking around at 11pm at night (and they weren`t homeless)the city is very vibrant. Well today Sharon had a chest Ct for breakfast, Dental check for lunch and a look at her veins for afternoon tea. The hospital continues to excel and we didn`t have to wait for anything its so slick its frightening. Tara Tara, The porters

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it and are seeing Chicago. Having trouble blogging you guys. I'll see if this works. MaryC

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your seeing the sights. take it easy.
Spoke with mum she was watching crap daytime telly. She said things are going well, your freinds are visiting so thats good.

My exciting day consisted of taking four old people bowling in wheelchairs what a challange guess who won yep me i wasnt letting them beat me.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

hi guys
have read your blogs with a smile still as wiity as ever im sure you two should be in television or full time bloggers ive sent you an email hope today goes well markie

About Me

I work as an RN in Endoscopy at John C. Lincoln Hospital and in 2006 I was diagnosed with Systemic Scleroderma, a condition that has no known treatment and was always symptom management. After doing some research, I discovered Dr. Burt, a doctor in Chicago who is pioneering the use of stem cell transplant to treat Scleroderma. This process uses my own stem cells - taken from me, cleaned, and then re-introduced back into my body, so that it will no longer recognize the Scleroderma. This is a very basic summary of a complex procedure. Systemic Scleroderma has a very poor prognosis and with my symptoms worsening I feel that this is my only chance at getting treatment and reversing my symptoms. I have worked for 6 years at JCL, Deer Valley and hope to continue there with excellence. I wish to continue be a good mother to my 2 boys, a good wife to my wonderful husband, and maybe one day be a good grandmother.