Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Freedom!!!

http://brushfires2008.com/Mel-Gibson---Braveheart--C10102033.jpeg
Freedom!!! The day has come Day 20 of hospitalization and Day 15 post transplant and Sharon has the all clear for discharge to the hotel and get out of the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit. The central line needs to remain as it’s a tunneled catheter and the platelets are not high enough at present to remove it. The white cell count yesterday was 1.3 but today its 12.2 what a response. We visited the Hospital Chapel yesterday and asked for some divine assistance something helped. Sharon says she is,"Looking forward to breathing some cold fresh Chicago air and embracing Craig’s cooking". Hope her new immune systems up to it !!
Craig's parents arrived from England yesterday in Phoenix to relieve Pat Sharon's Mom of her duties looking after the boys.

Thanks for your support

Craig and Sharon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding! You're on your way to putting this whole ordeal behind you. I wonder if it is a good idea to eat Craig's cooking. After all you have been through, it would be tragic to end up in the hospital again. Hope to see you two home again soon. It will be nice to have my mate back at work again.

Mark

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing Mark, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sharon,
You've given birth to a wonderful bundle of white blood cells.May they give you many years of joy. At least with this re-birth you don't get the sleepless nights. Sue and Sue Dalley send their love and best wishes. Here in the UK it is Sales fever with so many shops being hit by the recession and if you did not know its bye bye Woollies.
Will keep in touch.
Love from
The Brits

Anonymous said...

HI SHAZ GLADE UR ARE OUT OF THERE I BET IT NICE TO HAVE A DIFERNT VEIW KEEP UR CHIN IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE U SEE THE BOYS GOD BLESS BRI/WEN/JOSH/KEL PS I BET UR GLADE U ARE THERE JOSH IS HAVEING A TRUMPET LESSON

Anonymous said...

heya shaz. just had dinner at wendys, beef. which didnt go on the floor haha. (this is kelly typing by the way as you can probably tell lol.) i hope you're doing well, and miss you lots and lots. nan said she had a fantastic night last night. she was drunk and up dancing lol. anyways. speak to you soon :) love nan and kelly. xxxxx

Anonymous said...

heya shaz. just had dinner at wendys, beef. which didnt go on the floor haha. (this is kelly typing by the way as you can probably tell lol.) i hope you're doing well, and miss you lots and lots. nan said she had a fantastic night last night. she was drunk and up dancing lol. anyways. speak to you soon :) love nan and kelly. xxxxx

About Me

I work as an RN in Endoscopy at John C. Lincoln Hospital and in 2006 I was diagnosed with Systemic Scleroderma, a condition that has no known treatment and was always symptom management. After doing some research, I discovered Dr. Burt, a doctor in Chicago who is pioneering the use of stem cell transplant to treat Scleroderma. This process uses my own stem cells - taken from me, cleaned, and then re-introduced back into my body, so that it will no longer recognize the Scleroderma. This is a very basic summary of a complex procedure. Systemic Scleroderma has a very poor prognosis and with my symptoms worsening I feel that this is my only chance at getting treatment and reversing my symptoms. I have worked for 6 years at JCL, Deer Valley and hope to continue there with excellence. I wish to continue be a good mother to my 2 boys, a good wife to my wonderful husband, and maybe one day be a good grandmother.