Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Back by popular demand!!

Hi guys, I hate to go over the same old same old and would hate to bore you with the tedious details of tests, tests and more tests but I'm going to!!No, Just kidding! At least this time i know my endeavours will get an end result worthy of the cause, the stem cell transplant.
Well Chicago has been kind to us in climate terms, the weather is warm actually on Monday it was warmer than Phoenix but there is news of rain, looks like I've got to go out and buy a brolly!!!I know that's nothing new to you guys in the UK but we are used to them shielding us from the sun not rain! Craig's happy because he still gets to wear his shorts at least for the time being.
I see Dr Burt tomorrow so i hope the visit goes well. Fingers crossed.
Thank you to everyone who are supporting us in this, it means a lot to me that I am being nagged to write this blog because you care!
Cheers Sharon and Craig.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great to hear trip is ok. thinking and missing you loads. going to ring mum later while they are all out. hope to hear more from you via blog. love and miss you soooo muchXXX debs

Anonymous said...

Sharon;

We send our continued prayers to you while you are in Chicago going through your pre-procedure check list with Dr. Burt!

Please continue to post your blogs so we can follow your progress my friend.

Stay possitive; keep smiling and we'll see you back in Phoenix with your new lease on life!

God Speed and friendship to you!

Love,
Marilyn/Ronald

About Me

I work as an RN in Endoscopy at John C. Lincoln Hospital and in 2006 I was diagnosed with Systemic Scleroderma, a condition that has no known treatment and was always symptom management. After doing some research, I discovered Dr. Burt, a doctor in Chicago who is pioneering the use of stem cell transplant to treat Scleroderma. This process uses my own stem cells - taken from me, cleaned, and then re-introduced back into my body, so that it will no longer recognize the Scleroderma. This is a very basic summary of a complex procedure. Systemic Scleroderma has a very poor prognosis and with my symptoms worsening I feel that this is my only chance at getting treatment and reversing my symptoms. I have worked for 6 years at JCL, Deer Valley and hope to continue there with excellence. I wish to continue be a good mother to my 2 boys, a good wife to my wonderful husband, and maybe one day be a good grandmother.